Product Cloud

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Evil Empire?

I was just reading how a popular rock band does not like that Wal-Mart "refuses" to sell their album because it has a "Parental Advisory" label on it. I will not be mentioning the band, because I don't want to give any free publicity to the band. One of the band members say the chain has an "obligation" to sell alubums with lyrics some may deem offensive. Wait a minute. Isn't Wal-Mart a company within the private sector? Don't they have the right to sell the products they want to? This is not an issue of censorship, as the band, wants to make it be. This is an issue of a bunch of kids who never grew up wanting their way and kicking and screaming until they get it. I have four children. I applaud Wal-Mart for taking a stand for decency in an age when to suggest something is indecent is considered censorship. I pray that the leaders of this company not waver in this stand.

1 comment:

Steve - ShapingWorship.com said...

Ya, they wont sell my music either. Hehehehe