Product Cloud

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Husbands and Wives

I found a quote of the man most consider to be the founder of the Christian Men's Movement, Ed Cole. He said, "when a man acts like a child, it forces his wife to act like his mother." When I first heard that statement, I was infuriated. It infuriated me, because I never act like a child, never in a million, zillion, bazillion years. Anyone who thinks that is just a stupidhead! Whoa! OK, I guess maybe I do. I throw grown-up fits, which psychologists would call being passive-aggressive. I have said "yes, dear" through gritted teeth. At the times I do these things, I notice that my wife does get more assertive. Crap! I guess rather than be infuriated by this statement, I should be humbled, and realize that I do need to "man up" in certain areas.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Whew... it's about time my wonderful Hubby figured that out..